Allergic reaction to work?
Do you have an allergic reaction when you think of your job?
Want to know the signs?
- It’s Monday morning….
- The alarm goes off and you wish it would shut up!
- You hit snooze and hope that it buys you an eternity under the bedsheets or the opportunity to re-start your weekend starting 6pm Friday!
- You’d genuinely rather be sick than have to go to work!!
- Instead of bouncing out of bed excited about what the day has in store, you wake up feeling sick to your stomach, full of dread, wondering how you got here and when will it ever end!
Sadly, if you are suffering from all of the above, then you do indeed have an allergic reaction to your work!
For those of you who have met me or seen me in action you will know that I love my job! I love every bit of it… EXCEPT admin!
Yep even I recognise those feelings! I remember when I started my third business not long after University. It was great, we had a team of over 30 people, it was doing really well, I bought my first home, a lovely 4 bedroom town house near the river… frankly it was amazing! FROM THE OUTSIDE!
Inside however, I was starting to hate what I did, I had promoted myself into a managment and mainly administrative role, which was not good for me and most definitely not good for the company,. I started to become unhappy, was useless at it, and it took me forever to get the simpliest task completed!! So I have been there, and can relate to the above.
Whilst I don’t experience that dis-ease around my work now (as I have admin help) there are some administrative tasks that are unavoidable and I do tend to procastinate now and then depending on what is involved. However I have learnt some very effective recipes to make the experience much more enjoyable, a lot less time consuming and frankly much more effective all round!
Last week I posted a little blog on my facebook page saying how much I loved my work.. I received several emails from people telling me that they wished they felt the same way about their work… and that got The Life Chef juices thinking, that maybe this week I should share some of my tasty tips on how to avoid turning an allergic reaction to work into full blown food poisoning!
SO FELLOW CHEF’S WATCH OUT FOR ……
- Tomorrow’s 10 Tasty Tips on how to avoid your work making you sick!
- Then later on in the week I will share -How to avoid promoting yourself out of your passion!
- And finally - How to bite the bullet and go it alone- The mouthwatering road to Entrepreneurship!
Have a fantastic day!
With love The Life Chef
Cooking up a storm in the universal kitchen of life! x